About Camp Aquila Maple Syrup
Family Owned. Just the two of us, Stu and Corinne Peterson; production assistants include children and grandchildren.
Locally Produced. Tapping 1300 sugar maples on the Star Lake peninsula, Otter Tail County, MN.
Licensed and Inspected by Minnesota Dept. of Agriculture
Committed to best practices and sustainable forest management.
- 1st Place N. American Maple Council (U.S. and Canada) - Light Amber
- 1st Place MN Maple Association Syrup Competition - Dark Amber Class
- 1st Place blue ribbon at Minnesota State Fair - Medium Amber
- MN Maple Association class winner
- Vergas Maple Fest Taste-Test Challenge Winner
Our name, Camp Aquila, is taken from the history of the property on which our sugar maples are located.
Prior to becoming our tree farm and sugar bush operation, the property was the well-respected "Camp Aquila for Boys" located on the Star Lake Peninsula in Otter Tail County.
Swing Barrel Brewing Co.
Maple Winter Ale - 7.3% ABV - We used vanilla, cinnamon, and Camp Aquila pure maple syrup to create this Northwoods Winter Ale that will keep you warm even on the coldest winter nights.
Great YouTube video. Dogwood Coffee: Minneapolis to Winnipeg via Camp Aquila.